The main aim of AGRISAT is to facilitate SMART agriculture that contributes to a more sustainable environment while also tackling climate change in Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar by:
- Modernising curricula with innovative teaching/learning methodologies in smart agriculture using GIS/Remote sensing/sensor techniques
- Creating business opportunities to graduates/researchers and entrepreneurs in the agricultural sector
- Outreaching farm communities through smart initiatives and government support.
Agrisat has 3 main goal :
- First, it proposes the creation of innovative curriculum with new elements in smart agriculture by integrating the latest GIS/remote sensing (RS)/sensor technology.
- Secondly, there is a strong technical component in this project that we will build a remote sensing laboratory, or enhance an existing one, with drone and sensors for ground and airborne measurements so as to provide the backbone infrastructure for scientific research in the field.
- Thirdly, the project strategy is to outreaching farm communities through smart initiatives and government support.
The expected results of AGRISAT is to develop appropriate curricula, courses and their content for target groups involved in smart agriculture and precision agriculture including the use of GIS/RS applications within academic institutions and external organisations. The project will bring at disposal of SEA partners 9 possible modular courses:
- Remote Sensing application for environment and agriculture
- Using of SENTINEL 1-2-3 imagery for agricultural field monitoring
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (NAVSTAR, GLONASS, GALILEO, etc.)
- Optimization of computer vision algorithms and real-time implementations
- Web technologies (Agro SDI, Geo-portals, Geo-services, Geo-analytical systems)
- Basics of the Precision agriculture – characteristics, technologies, economic efficiency, optimal use of
- Yield sensors for Precision Agriculture
- Soil physical properties and its measurement
- Application of Precision Agriculture for crops growing